Fenham Association of Residents is a registered charity which began in May 1987, our aims are:
- To provide a focal point for local people on low income to break down social isolation
- To provide a range of opportunities for learning and recreational activities, to build self confidence and develop new skills
- To meet the needs of different age groups in the community: elderly people, disabled people, families, single parents, children and young people
- To improve the quality of life for residents living in the area
- To promote a sense of community
- To identify local issues and follow them up in partnership with other agencies
FAR is a registered charity and without support of our funders, our centre, our work and our project would not be possible. Our funders range from National to Local but they are all equally important to our centre and we are grateful for all their support.